Tuesday 5 March 2013

My everyday face.

So, just after Christmas I found myself in a new job which required a 5am start. Crikey. Knowing I'd be leaving my house in the middle of the night and hopping on my bike I knew I'd have to push my Estee Lauder Double Wear and various lipsticks (heart... break...) to the very bottom of my make up bag.  In their place are some "bare essential" make up items I've discovered recently so that I don't look completely naked (facially, obv) at work. I'm newly single and who knows who I'll need to impress *wink wink* 

 

To start I prime my face and do my best to minimise my pores with Benefit's 'Porefessional' - one of those items people bang on about constantly. To be fair, I never bought into the hype. I got a free sample with a magazine last summer and wasn't bowled over. However last week, I was browsing the make up aisles of Boots and got  cornered by a lovely Benefit MUA. She dragged me over to the counter - usually something I avoid like the plague - and whacked this on my face AND OH SWEET JESUS. My skin was so, so smooth. The jury's still out on whether it minimises my pores but for now I'll take it on the daily. Next is my ultra lightweight base - Dr Jart+ Regenerating Beauty Balm. I had a sample of this and knew I'd love it. Not heavy yet still covers redness and gives any pesky spots a nice covering. I use this with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which I use for all my base products and truly love. Two concealers are always floating in the bottom of my sexy work rucksack but I only ever use the Bourjois Healthy Mix. It's a great yellow toned shade that works wonders on those dark circles and gives more coverage to blemishes if needed. A slick of mascara (currently Revlon Grow Luscious but I won't be repurchasing it... it's not amazing), filling in of the brows with my favourite GOSH eyebrow pen, because I like that 'drawn on' look, then depending on time or how I feel a quick once over with bronzer and I'm set.

So that's my ultra simple 5am face. I'm getting used to rocking it, but what are your simple 'must have' face products? Any mascara recommendations? 



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment